Thursday, April 7, 2011

16 weeks

This week will be known as barf week. Why? Well, because, I felt barfy and I barfed. Tuesday morning I woke up and immediately went to the bathroom where I threw up all the extra buttery popcorn I had eaten the night before. It was gross, and I will not be eating popcorn any time soon. I spent the rest of the day in bed while Brian (aka Superman) took care of Bria and worked from home. So he worked 2 jobs, at the same time.
I actually thought maybe I had the flu because the body aches were just as bad as the nausea. Every part of my body hurt, including my fingers and toes. My hips were killing me so finding a comfortable position to lay in was impossible. Since we don't know anyone who has been sick, and both Brian and Bria are okay (crossing fingers they stay that way), we are concluding it's just pregnancy sickness, back with a vengeance.
Yesterday I didn't throw up but still felt pretty nauseous, although the body aches were gone. Today I think I feel a little better than yesterday, just queasy.
Other than the past few days, this week went well, pretty uneventful. I thought I felt the baby move yesterday, but I'm not sure. According to the doctor I still shouldn't feel it for another week or 2, and that's taking into consideration this is my second pregnancy. It could've been a few muscle twitches I guess.

How far along?
16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 1 pound (since I haven't eaten much in the last few days)
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I'm getting close to wearing maternity shirts
Sleep: Pretty good (minus the body aches on Monday night)
Best moment this week: Getting one week closer to finding out the sex!
Food cravings: Cereal, green olives
What I miss: Wine and sleeping on my back
What I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby move :)
Milestones: He or she is about the size of a large pear

I don't have a belly picture because I look like donkey poo and didn't want to expose you all to my grossness. But I'll have one next week, I've been good about belly pictures with this pregnancy and I plan on keeping it up!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you got the nausea :o( It is the worst feeling ever. But SO worth it in the end!!!

    ReplyDelete