I can't believe I'm so close to the 3rd trimester, this is going insanely fast now! On one hand I'm glad I'm almost in the 3rd trimester because I feel incredibly large in the belly area...and the ass area if I'm being honest. I'm not complaining about the big boobs though, those have my full permission to grow :)
This week I had a rough day on Monday, it wasn't anything in particular, just a rough day. We had such a fun weekend with the Woods' and going to the parade and staying busy and I think Monday came and there was nothing to do, Bria was cranky and woke up early, and I was feeling physically exhausted. This pregnancy stuff is hard work, and definitely harder the second time around. But fortunately I've been feeling a little better each day. It helps that this little girl is moving all over, I absolutely love feeling her. Even when she stretches wide and it takes my breath away, I still love it. It's fun to watch my belly take on crazy shapes when she is doing all her tumbling exercises in there.
I've been trying really hard to go for walks as often as possible, last week I went 4 of the 6 days and so far this week I've gone twice. I really need to get better, especially since my appetite feels larger than life. I seriously could eat 24/7. Although I do notice that if I'm out and about and busy I don't feel the hunger pains so maybe I'm just eating out of boredom.
I'm focusing on enjoying the simplicity of one child. For example, when we go out, we don't have to pack a diaper bag. I seriously throw a snack in my purse and we're off (the fold-up toilet seat stays in my purse), it's fabulous. We haven't changed a diaper in 6 months, we don't get up every hour at night, and we don't deal with unstoppable crying episodes (just tantrums ;). So yeah, we are taking it all in and soaking it up. Soon going to the store real quick will take me 2 hours and some meltdowns so I need to enjoy the simplicity of it now.
I didn't sleep quite as well this week as I did last week, but I knew amazing sleep wouldn't last too long. I do hope it comes back often though :)
Here's a comparison picture:

26 weeks pregnant with Bria
BELLY!
26 week belly pic
I'm definitely looking bigger this time around, but at least I like my hair better, silver lining people, silver lining.
How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain: 16 I think, according to my scale
Maternity clothes? Yep, flowy dresses and skirts are my absolute favorite
Sleep: Okay, not great but not horrible either, I just want more of it :)
Best moment of this week: Laying on the couch and feeling her move all over, poking her and having her poke back. Best game ever.
Food cravings: EVERYTHING
What I miss: cold beer on a sunny day
What I am looking forward to: Getting her room set up
Milestones: Under 100 days to go!!
You are so cute, and I LOVE that shirt you have on. :) I'm getting excited for ya!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! And I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going!
ReplyDelete