Thursday, May 19, 2011

22 weeks

Right? I'm 22 weeks? Sheesh, it's definitely going by fast this time around, I can barely keep track.
This was the first week where I thought, "I FEEL pregnant." It was on Sunday and for some reason I felt like I was in my third trimester, which is weird because I've barely felt pregnant this whole time and all of the sudden it felt like I had to waddle everywhere. But the rest of the week I've felt pretty good, just 2nd trimester pregnant :)
I started going for walks this week, not just my fun walks with Bria, but walks by myself where I can get a little cardio in. It feels good and I want to try and take at least a small one everyday, I think that time by myself is good and it's nice to be outside.
This week I started looking at nursery decor. It's so funny because with Bria I had it all picked out and I believe ordered by now. I'm definitely taking my time, I think it's for 2 reasons:
1. I know that she'll be in our bedroom for the first 6 weeks or so (that's how long Bria was in the bassinet beside our bed)
2. We have some scheduled guests coming to stay with us so we're keeping the 3rd bedroom a guest room for a little longer

Anyway, I still wanted to get a start on the nursery. We're going to do a purple theme, with brown (since we already have a brown chair and curtains) and maybe some green in there. Brian is being pretty tight with the purse strings so I'm not sure how much he'll actually let me buy, but I'm gonna try!

"What, we're taking a picture?"


I know you are jealous of my elastic waist maternity pants, don't hate.
And when Brian took this picture he goes, "That belly is getting big!" He's right, it is.

How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain: I think 8 ish, but I really need to step on the scale, I'm just scared
Maternity clothes? Mostly. I did go maternity clothes shopping with my cousin Lanie and found some great deals, plus we had a blast.
Sleep: Pretty good actually, yay!
Best moment of this week: Honestly, everytime I feel her kick and squirm in there, I love it. She's been pretty sleepy the past 2 days so I haven't felt her very much, I miss it :(
Food cravings: Still frozen yogurt/ice cream. Last night I made the most delicious bowl of ice cream, it had Nestlequick on it (yes the powder), some Gold Grahams, and bananas. It was SOOO good.
What I miss: Small boobs, oh wait, nope, don't miss those! Hmm, I guess I wish I could tan right now, to get ready for the summer.
What I am looking forward to: The next appointment, and figuring out a middle name
Milestones: Eggs are developing in her ovaries!

3 comments:

  1. Those elastic waist maternity capris are hot! :) Seriously you look so good Lou! I had so much fun shopping with you. I wish we could do that every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes they are! I'm just glad that you could look past the waist band and see they were cute and make me try them on, especially for $9.99 (not $19.99 Old Navy!!)! I wish we could do that every weekend too, we should be better about scheduling just you and I time, even if it's to go on a walk and talk or lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I feel like a big blimp and you are just cute and pregnant and glowing. Way to stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete