Thursday, July 14, 2011

30 weeks

Wow, I made it. Entering the 30's is a big milestone for me, it's the home stretch. I am definitely large, my belly is getting bigger by the day it feels like. I have no lap and that makes it hard when trying to put Bria's shoes on or read her books at nap and night time. She tries really hard to sit on my lap which usually hurts but I feel so bad she can't curl up on me the same way she use to. My body pillow just isn't providing the same comfort it use to, sometimes I don't use it at all.
I had an appointment on Monday (can't believe I'm already at the 2 week appointment mark) and all is sounding well with this little girl. The doctor said she feels head down (yay!) and she feels pretty small. She asked if Bria was small and I told her she was 7 lbs 4 oz. At my 20 week u/s they also said she was measuring a little behind. No one seems concerned, the doctor said she's probably just a small baby. At my next appointment I think I'll probe a little more, maybe I can get another u/s :) Her small size does explain why I feel her so much, she has plenty of room to move and kick in there, which I love. Especially when I can feel her little foot glide across my belly.
Bria has been really sweet about including her sister in her prayers. One morning she woke up and when Brian asked her how her dreams were she started talking about her baby sister, it was cute.
We purchased a Sit 'n Stand stroller! I found it on craigslist and we went and took a look and really liked it. We got for a steal of a deal, just $30 and it's in good condition. I tested it out with Bristol and Bria the other day when we walked to the park, it's definitely harder to maneuver since it's so long, but Bria loved that she could sit and face me or stand up. I think it'll be perfect.

The big belly at 30 weeks

How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain: 23 pounds
Maternity clothes: Yes
Sleep: Pretty good, especially considering I'm having a hard time getting comfortable. I guess I'm so tired I just fall asleep anyway.
Best moment this week: Hearing her h/b at the appointment :)
Movement: Yes ma'am, and I love it.
Food cravings: Cereal, sweets, & fruit
Labor signs: No, just braxton hicks when I go for my walks
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: Sleeping on my belly, having Bria sit on my lap without it hurting, giving Brian a big hug (the kind where I don't have to turn to the side or stick my butt out to avoid squishing the belly)
What I am looking forward to: Setting up the nursery
Milestones: 30 weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment