Thursday, August 11, 2011

34 weeks

I've had a pretty good week pregnancy wise, my only complaint is sleep. The past few nights I have a hard time getting back to sleep after I've gotten up to use the restroom, which is once or twice. So I try to take naps but they don't always happen, either I can't get to sleep or I'm nesting and trying to get things done.
We got the bedding! Not only that but we got the nursery all set up! I'm so happy to have that room all set up, it makes a huge difference and even Brian admitted that. He was giving me a hard time about wanting to do it since we still have another month and a half but after it was all set up he said he was really glad we did it. Something about having that visual helps make everything more real. Since everything was all set up I decided to do my next favorite thing: wash and hang baby clothes :) I LOVE going through baby clothes so I know it's a little early but it's just so fun. Plus this time it was extra fun since I had memories of baby Bria in the outfits.
With the room all set up it was easier to take inventory and see what last minute things we need. We just got our new monitor in the mail today and we're really excited. It's an Angelcare and I think it's gonna be so nice to have. It's pretty fancy and already it's gone up in price from when we purchased it, score us!
Anyway, there's only a few things I think we'll get before she arrives:
changing pad & cover for the changing table (ours is really old)
laundry hamper
mattress cover (again, ours is really old)
closet organizer (something like this maybe)
bottles

I think that is about it, then of course diapers and wipes.
I called today and got a tour of the hospital scheduled for September 8th, I'm excited for that. We are also looking into registering for an infant CPR class, I really want to take one and think it's so important.
My next appointment is on Tuesday and it's with a doctor I haven't met yet so I'm hoping it goes well, I'd really like to get a better feeling about this doctor's office soon.

The belly

How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain: 29 pounds
Sleep: Not great
Movement: Lots and lots, she is strong!
Food cravings: cereal
Labor signs: Nope, just braxton hicks
Belly button in or out? In, it's funny because it totally looks like an outtie through shirts, but I swear, it's not.
What I miss: Sleeping all snuggled up in any position that I want.
What I am looking forward to: Putting lots of pretty headbands in her hair :)
Milestones: Her lungs are almost fully developed.

1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous! Try to enjoy the last few weeks ;o)

    ReplyDelete