Friday, January 14, 2011

Here we go again!

We found out January 13th (yesterday) that we are expecting!!!
Taken with my cell phone so it's pretty blurry

It is very surreal and I don't think it's completely sunk it yet, I mean, we're gonna have another baby?!! Very exciting stuff.

I took a test last night and handed it to Brian so that he could be the one to find out first this time. When I came out of the bathroom he shook his head sadly and said, "Nope." I remember feeling shocked and sad, I really thought I was pregnant. I took the test and looked at it, then started to laugh. It was faint, but there was a positive sign! Brian said he thought he saw that but assumed it had to be dark. I think Brian was still in disbelief for a little bit but finally while we were watching tv after putting Bria to bed, he said, "We're gonna have another baby!"

This morning I took another one and the line was much more obvious. I've been walking around on cloud 9 today just so giddy about being pregnant.
Last night when I was reading to Bria I got sad thinking I won't be able to spend as much one-on-one time with her and then I remembered what my sister told me: "The best gift you can give your child is a sibling." It is so true...although growing up I may not have always felt that way ;) But seriously, I do believe that and I look forward to Bria developing into her role as the big sister and building a relationship with her younger sister or brother.

My tentative due date is September 22nd, so I get to be a whale all summer long ;) I am excited to have a September baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment