Friday, September 23, 2011

0-60 in 4 hours :)

She's here!
I can't tell you how excited I am to be posting this.
May I introduce to you, our newest addition:

Reese Makena Holcomb
7 lbs 8 oz 19 1/2 inches long
Born on September 21st, 2011 at 6:13 am
Healthy and perfect in every way.

My birth story is crazy and when I feel like sitting on the computer chair for more than 5 minutes at a time I will post it in detail but here's a quick run down.
  • 2 am contractions start, but aren't lasting long and I'm not certain it's the real thing
  • Lose the rest of my mucous plug
  • 3:30 am, contractions are very painful, 2 minutes apart but only lasting 45 seconds so I'm in denial
  • 4:50 am, I am having the worst contractions known to man.
  • 5:30 am, get to the hospital
  • 6:13 am, have baby :)
  • No time for an epidural and no time for the doctor to get there, two sweet nurses delivered her
Family of 4!
Bria is a very proud and possessive big sister, she doesn't like sharing her with anyone :)

Brian is still the best Dad ever and is so helpful and caring, I love him.


I am in heaven with my sweet girl and could not be more thrilled.

This time around has been so different, we are relaxed and happy and just on cloud 9. I'm loving it and hope that feeling stays :)
We got home yesterday and have had so much help from family, it's been WONDERFUL! But now they are all gone and we get to do it ourselves tomorrow, wish us luck :)

5 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. I am so happy for you that is over and went soooo fast. Good luc, you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!! Your family is adorable!! Makes me nervous for what I'm going to go through! I wonder how much time it will take for Baby #2 to arrive!! :) Wishing you a wonderful first week at home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! She is adorable!:) Glad to hear everything went so well for you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! So happy for you guys. She is beautiful and I cant wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete